I have always loved to pamper myself. I have done lots of manicures, facials, waxing, lash extensions, and more. Over the years I have really realized how much money all of those things cost and have figured out how I can do the same things without breaking the bank! PLUS, twin toddlers... I don’t really have the time to do all those things! I love to take time for myself but don’t always feel I have the time... So here is a list of my favorite beauty products that can be used at home - and most of them are able to just be added in to your daily routine!
1. Who knew that I would be obsessed with a toothpaste? I honestly have always hated my teeth. I had braces when I was a kid and although my teeth are straight they are super small and weird. So, in my twenties I would attempt to use whitening products that would terrorize my gums - bleeding and so sensitive. Thankfully, a little over a year ago I was introduced to a great toothpaste that would gently remove stains. I will never use anything else.
To shop toothpaste.
2. I rarely leave the house without mascara. I love the L‘Oreal Volumnious Lash Paradise mascara. It’s thick but not clumpy. It makes my lashes look plush and super full. This was also a Costco find - they had a three pack that was a super good deal.... I’ll definitely continue to purchase!
To shop mascara.
3. Lash Boost - Rodan & Fields. I have seen significant results on my lashes and have even started to get compliments from other people! Like I mentioned, I have done lash extensions and although I did love them - the maintenance and time for appointments was not conducive to my life.
To shop lash boost.
4. Sally Hansen InstaDry in Coconut. First of all, I'm so old. I didn't even know that instant dry was a real thing. Thank goodness because with twin toddlers I don't have all the time in the world to sit and let my nails dry for 65 hours. I will disclose that this was on sale at Walgreens so I’m not sure if you’ll be able to find this exact one... It was a collaboration with Jelly Belly. ;)
5. BB Cream is a lighter version of foundation. It’s a perfect way to moisturize, cover minor blemishes and also get your SPF on right away in the morning! I started typing that it’s perfect for the summer but honestly, it’s perfect for the winter too - it helps keep your face moisturized during those dry months. I use the No. 7 BB Cream from Target.
6. If you want a facial a few times a week but don’t want to dish on the cost.... I highly suggest the Conair True Glow Sonic Facial Brush. I got it at Costco a few months back and am so happy I splurged on it.
7. Devacurl is a brand that has crafted the most luxurious hair products for those of us who have been blessed/cursed with curls! In all honesty, it took me 29 years to figure out how to get my curls looking good. In March I took the plunge and went to a curly hair salon. They cut it dry and then styled my hair curly, even showing me how to use the products and which ones they suggested for my hair! I know it’s a little bit spendy, but if you have curly hair - just do it. You will not be disappointed. My curls have never looked better.
To shop Devacurl.
8. As someone who has extremely dry skin, I use a lot of body moisturizers. I don’t like oily or runny lotions. I LOVE the Baobab Body Butter that I’ve been using for a few months. The consistency is thick, like butter and it makes my skin feel dreamy. The scent is perfect. And it’s a natural insect repellent - the Baobab Tree in Africa provides this perk.
To shop body butter.
9. Finally, a sunless tanner that actually WORKS. Full disclosure, I do sell this.. Full disclosure, it effing works and is incredibly easy to use. I even use it on my face.
To shop sunless tanner.
I hope that you invest in yourself - these products are amazing and I personally use them all. Most of them daily, the rest of them weekly!!! Let me know if you have any questions about them.